ID Xpansion Clamp
The ID Xpansion™ clamp is the ideal solution to hold parts on an inside diameter for high density machining on vertical or horizontal machining centres. It can also be used as an expanding mandrel on a lathe.
These machinable clamps are produced in 12L14 steel with black oxide coating in 12 sizes and can hold internal diameters from under 4.1 to 254mm.
The flange diameter of the clamp is held to a close tolerance for precision locating in a machined pocket on work cubes and fixture plates. The customer machines the mild steel clamp to match the bore of the part ensuring a proper fit. Often times the clamps can be remachined for different size jobs.
The low profile ID Xpansion™ Clamp can hold several parts in one compact area for secondary operations without any clamping interference. They are quickly tightened with a hex key, torque driver or can be mated to hydraulic pull cylinders for automation.
- Low profile
- Ideal for secondary operations on lathe parts
- Easily machined to size on lathe or mill
- Excellent for palletized setups
- Allows more parts per workcube or fixture plates
- Heat-treated and coated screw for long life
- Clamp body made of mild steel for machinability
- Tighten with hex key or hydraulic pull cylinders
- Longer screws available for hydraulic applications